I recently read a joke on my phone that made me laugh out loud in public. The joke went something like this:
Isn’t this the truth though? After several years of marriage things change and you somehow look at each other differently. I can remember the days when love was exciting! Do you remember these little love notes back in the day?
What ever happened to flirting between married couples? I can remember the butterfly feeling I would get just by receiving one of these little notes in my locker. It wasn’t anything expensive, but it was the thought behind the gift. Just knowing that someone was thinking about me made my love swoon and my day so much brighter. So why don’t we do this anymore? When did showing someone you loved them equal spending money on them?
Here are a few things you can do to spice up the romance in your relationship without breaking the bank.
Write a love note – With the use of email, text messages and cell phones people are loosing the old fashioned art of writing. Taking time to sit down and write out your feeling can help your loved one know how you feel and intensify your relationship.
- Prepare a meal – Do you know your loved ones favorite food or meal? Make it for them and let them know you made it because they love it.
- Go on a date – After 7 years of marriage my husband and I sometimes forget to spend time with each other. We see each other every day, but do not really spend time together. Go out just the two of you. Take a walk in the park, go sledding. Remember its the time shared that counts.
- Hold hands – Its as simple as reaching for his hand when you are walking or riding in the car.
- Tell each other what you love about them
- Be happy – The mood you bring into your home has a direct effect on the other family members moods. Happiness breads more happiness.
- Encourage each other to have hobbies and share in their joys.
This week I am going to leave you with the challenge of finding ways to show love. Have a great idea? Share it with us!
Raising Dick and Jane is going to help one lucky reader jump start their flirting with a free BIC multi color pen to help you start writing love notes and a $25 gift certificate to Ruggles Green for a date night.