Today’s post is as much for me as it is for you. I too have been feeling the fear and panic caused by the news’ reporting of the flu epidemic. As I have been talking myself down from a cliff of worry, I am trying to keep in mind that there are several things my family and I can do to help prevent contracting this illness.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Keep your hands clear from your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Eat right.
- Stay away from people affected and if you do get sick, stay home.
Since we cannot completely stay free from germs, I like to have the following items on hand in my home just in case. These items can help to lessen your symptoms.
- Chicken Noodle Soup – It is said to help relief congestion
- Advil – To help reduce fevers
- Box of tissues
- A good book or movie 🙂
- Oh. . and tea! Tea, especially when mixed with lemon and honey can help. I have also heard that peppermint tea is great for sickness.
HOT HONEY LEMON BEVERAGE RECIPE
1 TBS Honey
1 Cup Hot Water
Mix all of the ingredients together and enjoy!
Also, if your low on Advil, you can get great money saving coupons on their facebook page now. Always nice to have it on hand for middle of the night temps. Remember though, Im not a doctor. So if your feeling sick, please go see yours.
Click for coupons
This is me last week with a cold. . lol. . I look great don’t I?
Stay Safe Everyone!
<3 Dick and Jane
Disclosure: Raising Dick and Jane is a member of Smiley360 and was given a free sample of Advil and Children’s Advil. This, however, has not affected my opinion of the company. My ideas are my own. Do you want to find out more about Smiley360? Click HERE.