When I find something I love, I am the kind of person who likes to tell other people about it. Several weeks ago, my husband found a new yogurt at Meijer on his way home from work and bought a few for me and the kids. He knows how much we like yogurt. He ate one first and said “Hey Honey, your going to want to try this. Its really good”. I couldn’t believe it! This yogurt was the creamiest, sweetest, all around best yogurt I have ever had. The kids and I quickly ate through the five containers he brought home and asked for him to get more the next day after work. The next day he brought home more and we again ate through them all in one night. I’m not kidding, this stuff is that good.
The new yogurt that he brought home is called MüllerTM by Quaker. Müller’s came to us from Europe and it is starting to pop up in stores across the US. So far, I have only been able to find this brand at my local Meijer store. However, I am hoping that more stores will begin to carry this treat because right now I have to go out of my way to get it (as I normally do not do my weekly grocery shopping there). It is however, worth going out of my way.
My favorite line of MüllerTM yogurt is the “corner” yogurt. This style contains two pockets, one for the yogurt and one for a topping of your choice. Once you open your yogurt you can easily bend the corner over and dump your chosen topping into the yogurt to mix. As I was enjoying my favorite topping, Whoppers, in my yogurt I couldn’t help but think about how much this treat tasted like a treat and not a healthy snack. So, guess what I did? I made a cookie out of it. lol. Yup! I took my yogurt, which tastes like a dessert and made a cookie. Did you know that cooking with yogurt actually causes your baked good to finish much fluffier? Not only does it make for a better tasting treat, but swapping out oil, butter or milk for an European style yogurt can reduce the fat in your confection. It also adds B vitamin, protein and other important nutrients. So go ahead, eat that cookie!
MüllerTM Yogurt Whoppers Sugar Cookie
1 Cup MüllerTM Corners Yogurt – Whopper ( equals 2 containers)
3 Tbs Unsalted Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 Tbs vanilla
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour – all purpose
1. Begin by mixing your yogurt, butter and sugar together using a hand mixer.
2. Once the mixture is smooth and the sugar has dissolved, add in the vanilla and eggs.
3. Mix just until blended.
4. Add baking powder and salt and continue to blend.
5. Slowly add in your flour, 1/2 cup at a time until all is blended.
6. Place the mixture into the fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
7. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes or until the edge brown.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
I also like to make a handmade frosting to go on top of my cookie. So here’s the recipe for that.
Butter cream Frosting
1 Stick Butter – Softened
1 Box Powdered Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Add butter , vanilla and 2 Tbs milk to a large bowl.
2. Slowly beat with a hand mixer until creamy.
3. Add powdered sugar slowly into the mixture and beat until mixed well.
4. Continue to add milk 1 Tbs at a time until you have reached your desired consistency.
Finally, frost the cookies and sprinkle the yummy whopper topping on the cookies. There ya have it! A (better) yogurt sugar cookie. I must warn you, however, these did not last much longer than the yogurts did in my house. It appears they were both a hit!
Do you want to try this recipe out for yourself? After I contacted Müllers yogurt and told them about my post, they have graciously offered to give one lucky reader 10 FREE yogurt coupons! Isn’t that awesome? So hurry and sign up and you can be on your way to eating better both for your body and your taste buds!
Enter using the Rafflecopter form below.