If you have young kids (or maybe even teenagers) in your home you should be able to agree with me on this one. Kitchen towels NEVER stay where you put them! My kids are constantly running into the kitchen and knocking the towel hanging on the stove onto the floor or running off with it completely. So when I’m finished preparing meals, wash my hands and turn to dry them. . its gone. Now I have to truck through the house with dripping hands to find a replacement towel. Talk about frustrating. Ive learned this lesson the hard way and now I make my towels a little bit harder to steal.
Hanging Kitchen Towel
What did I use?
Thread and Needle or Sewing Machine
My method used:
1. Match the right side of the towel with the right side of the pot holder.
Tip: The right side is the side you want to show when your finished, the pretty side
2. Turn the pot holder so the loop to the right. Also make sure the towel is horizontally longer matching up with the loop.
3. Find the middle of the pot holder and the middle line of the towel, line these two up.
4. With the towel on top of the pot holder (right sides touching) begin to sew a straight line down the middle crease line of the towel, bunching the towel as you move through. You want the entire width of the towel to scrunch down to the same size as the pot holder.
5. Next, add a button on the opposite side of the pot holder from the loop.
6. That’s it! Its ready for display.
<3 Dick and Jane