Do you remember last week when we featured using International Delights creamer in your milkshakes to create new flavors? If you missed it, check it out here. But besides using International Delights creamer in my milkshakes I also have newly become addicted to coffee. Not hot coffee, but iced coffee. Seriously, where have you been all of my life? It is like having a guilt free milkshake every morning! There is nothing better than getting up early on a warm summers morning and relaxing on my garden bench with an iced coffee to prepare myself mentally for my day. Now that International Delight has a Cold Stone Creamery series, my coffee tastes like ice cream! I mean, who can make it through summer without craving ice cream? Not me. Now that the two are mixed, Oh yeah. .
With as much coffee as I have been drinking lately I have collected quite a stash of empty containers. As many of you know I hate to throw things away. I would rather find a way to reuse them and my International Delight containers are no different. There are so many different uses you can find for these great little containers, but today I am going to show you my latest creation. I was inspired by my new morning coffee routine and I decided to bring some of the flowers inside with me today.
Vintage Vase Using Empty ID Container
What will I need?
– Empty ID Container
– Acrylic Paint – White
– Paint Brush
-Computer & Printer
– Regular Printer paper
1. Clean ID container and remove all labeling.
2. Carefully using a knife or scissors cut off the top of the container as shown in the photo.
3. Coat the outside of the container using your chosen color of acrylic paint.
4. Allow the paint to dry and re-coat as needed.
5. Once all layers of acrylic paint have dried, print a photo from your computer that you would like to use.
I use Graphics Fairy website to find my vintage images. They’re Free!
6. Using your modge podge paint on a thin layer in the area you want your image to set.
7. Cut out around your image and carefully lay it on the container over the modge podge layer.
8. Smooth out the air bubbles and work the image to lay flat.
9. Apply a thin layer of modge podge over the image and over the entire container to seal it.
10. You can also flake off a few spots of acrylic paint to distress the bottle prior to adding your modge podge seal.
Thats it! Now you can enjoy your summer flowers indoors along with your International Delight iced (ice cream) coffee. Does summer get any better than this?
Love ice cream + coffee? This summer, International Delight is bringing your favorite Cold Stone Creamery ice cream flavors to coffee and they’re celebrating by giving away five $400 grand prizes to throw this summer’s ultimate Ice Cream Social! To enter, visit the ID + Ice Cream Pinterest board and pin your favorite image using the #IScream4ID hashtag. Good luck!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.