Last night I was at a loss for what to make for dinner. With the weekending and my not going back to the grocery store until Monday I was forced to create something to eat out of what we had on hand, which turned out to be lasagna noodles (no spaghetti sauce on hand), chicken and mushrooms. OK, I thought. . I can work with this. With the ingredients I had I decided to make a chicken lasagna for dinner with a homemade Alfredo sauce, topped in sauteed mushrooms. It was good. The kids ate it and that’s really what matters. So let me share with you the recipe that I made and a few tips that I think could have made it better. .
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
1 lb. Chicken
1 carton Mushrooms
1 box Lasagna Noodles
1 lb. Italian Cheese Blend
1 Jar Alfredo Sauce – Homemade directions found here
1) Boil your noodles to the point where they are almost done. Remove from heat to cool.
2) Cook your chicken and shred (either pan cook or bake)
Tip: cook your mushrooms at the same time as the chicken
3) Prepare your Alfredo sauce.
4) Place a small amount of Alfredo sauce in the bottom of a 13×9″ pan. Add a single layer of lasagna noodles, top with chicken a handful of cheese, mushrooms and more sauce. Repeat until your ingredients are gone.
5) Top with shredded cheese, cover in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.
6) Allow it to set for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
I didn’t have any broccoli on hand, but I would recommend adding some cooked broccoli to the dish. I think it would make it even better!
What’s for dinner at your house?
<3 Dick and Jane