This recipe has to be one of my families all-time favorites. We bake these tasty little cupcakes as often as possible. Especially in the summer when our zucchini plants are producing in high quantities and we need to use them up.
Since the cold weather hit and the local zucchini supply has decreased, we haven’t been able to make these as often as we like. Apparently the kids have been missing them because as soon as they found out that a fresh, organic green zucchini had been included in this weeks grocery delivery they jumped for joy and begged to help bake cupcakes with it. Of course, I obliged.
Frosted Zucchini Cupcakes
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 TBS. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup oil
5 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 cups shredded zucchini
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine your eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl or mixer on how speed.
3. Slowly add in the salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and zucchini. Mix on low speed until combined. Slowly add in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time until all is added.
4. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill 3/4 of the way full with mixture.
5. Bake approx. 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack before frosting them.
We used a cream cheese frosting, like this one, and topped the cupcakes off with a dash of cinnamon.
To pin this image for later, simply hover over the image and click on the red Pinterest button that appears in the left bottom corner of the photo.
Do you grow fruits and veggies in the summer in your own gardens? What is your most frequently used produce that you grow?
<3 Dick and Jane