Today, November 13, 2014, is world kindness day! So in honor of this day, which I think is a spectacular use of a day, I have made up a list of 25 things that can be easily done to spread kindness throughout a community.
Remember, spreading kindness doesn’t have to cost a fortune, in fact, sometimes it doesn’t cost a thing!
25 Easy Ways to Show Kindness Today:
1. Donate used books to your local library, school or hospital.
2. Open a door for someone.
3. Smile or give a compliment to a stranger.
4. Donate used toys to a local hospitals children unit.
5. Bake cookies for a neighbor or friend.
6. Offer to let someone cut in line.
7. Volunteer at a local shelter.
8. Express your gratitude to the people in your life.
9. Do a job like rake leaves or mow a lawn as a gift.
10. Grab an extra cup of coffee on your way into work for a co-worker.
11. Let others go first.
12. Put a quarter in an expired meter.
13. Stand up for someone.
14. Donate a coat or piece of clothing to a shelter or school.
15. Write someone a letter, on real paper, and mail it.
16. Pick up a piece of litter and throw it away.
17. Let the other person have the parking spot.
18. Write something positive on someones Facebook page.
19. Visit a local senior home and sit and visit with the residents.
20. Say Thank You.
21. Encourage someone in their dreams.
22. Return your shopping cart to the store.
23. Donate supplies to your child’s teacher (pencils, snacks, ect)
24. Take dinner to a new mom.
25. Think positive.
What have you done for someone else lately or what has someone else done for you? Share your stories of kindness in the comments section below.
Happy Kindness Day. 🙂