I’ve lived my entire life in Michigan and if there is one thing that I know, it’s that Michigan is a pretty awesome place to grow up. Besides it being totally cool that our state is shaped like a winter mitten, we also have tons of other fun and educational things to offer.
I love being able to take my kids on the same adventures I used to enjoy as a kid, so I put together a bucket list of my most loved memories. Now as a family, we are working our way through them all!
5. Take a ride on a roller coaster at Michigan Adventure.
6. Pick fresh grown apples, strawberries, blueberries and cherries from an orchard.
7. Climb the sand dunes at sleeping bear national park.
8. Visit the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum.
9. Build a sand castle on one of the many gorgeous beaches.
10. Go for a bike ride around Mackinac Island (no cars!).
11. Hunt for fairy houses in Downtown Ann Arbor.
12. Learn about another culture in Frankenmuth or Holland.
13. Visit the Michigan Capitol Building in Lansing.
14. Take flight at the Kalamazoo Air Museum.
15. Go tubing/sledding down a snow covered hill.
16. Go skiing at one of the many mountain resorts.
17. Climb the 170 steps at Castle Rock.
18. Go camping “up north”.
19. Go for a ride on an antique steam engine at Crossroads Village/Huckleberry Railroad.
20. Witness the majesty of the Tahquamenon falls.
21. Catch a game at Comerica Park.
22. Search for Petoskey stones.
23. Enjoy a Faygo pop, Koegels hot dog and Better Made chips! <– all Michigan made!
I am sure we can all agree that there is something special and magical about Michigan, especially through the eyes of a child. 🙂
Do you have anything to add? What are some of your favorite memories of childhood in Michigan? We would love to hear all about it in the comments section.