Disclosure: Products listed in this article have been provided to us for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
You might have thought that I developed a travel bug all on my own – but that’s quite the contrary. All through my childhood I remember my mom jet setting off to different destinations. She traveled a lot for work and I remember thinking how awesome that was – one day I wanted to be just like her. While my passions in life followed a slightly different path, hers in business and mine in freelance writing, we’ve always kept that common bond of having travel be a big part of our lives – something we both adore.
I see it now in my own daughter. She talks frequently about the day that she will be a traveling veterinarian. I hope with all of my heart that she goes after that dream and doesn’t let the “what if’s” stop her. Travel is an amazing part of life. It has the ability to open eyes, calm hearts and create lasting memories.
Since we’ve grown older, my mother and I now often travel together both for work and for leisure. One trip we often take together is to the beautiful beaches of Melbourne, Florida to soak up the sun and share our love of travel with my children. You see, this is a big family trip we take yearly which includes breakfasts on the sundeck, day’s spent in the sun and nights cozying up together watching the sunset over the ocean. It’s a special time – a time that we continue to talk about the whole rest of the year. It’s a memory that I keep very close to my heart – as does my mom.
Since Mother’s Day is coming up, I really wanted to find something that captured this moment into something tangible. During my search I was introduced to a lovely jewelry company that has the best idea – an idea that’s perfect for the traveling mom! Dune Jewelry created a way to keep travel memories close to the heart by filling sterling silver jewelry with cleansed and polished sands from one of the thousands of sands from locations around the globe. Since we have a special connection to Melbourne Beach, Florida – I jumped on the chance to order my mother something that would allow her to keep a piece of the beach with her at all times. When it arrived, my jaw dropped. It was absolutely stunning!
How it Works
- Visit the Dune Jewelry website and choose what type of piece you would like – they offer necklaces, bracelets, rings, charms, earrings, cufflinks and tie clips.
- Once you have decided on the perfect piece of jewelry, you can next select the sand you want from the Sandbank™ or choose the option to send in your own sand.
- The rest is as simple as checking out with your product and waiting for your made to order item to ship to you from Dune Jewelry’s studio in Boston, Massachusetts.
What’s Special About a Gift From Dune Jewelry
- Dune’s prices range from $30 – $425 and they donate a portion of all proceeds to a variety of coastal preservation programs.
- Dune’s handcrafted, custom jewelry lines allows you to keep a little slice of the beach with you all year long.
- The sand used by Dune Jewelry goes through a two step process to make sure it is clean, polished and extremely unique.
- All of Dune Jewelry items come with a lifetime warranty.
I love that this idea has a way to preserve memories while being useful and elegant – I am sure that my mom will love it too. In fact, I am going back online to order another one for myself and one for my daughter to keep her dreams in sight! If you would like to create a fashionable piece of jewelry to embody a trip you’ve taken or hope to take someday, you can check out Dune Jewelry at the following links:
- For more information on Dune Jewelry visit www.dunejewelry.com
- Follow Dune Jewelry on Twitter @DuneJewelry
- Follow on Instagram @DuneJewelry
- Like Dune Jewelry on Facebook : www.facebook.com/DuneJewelry