Our first car show of the season and it was a blast! If you missed out on this years Motor Muster car show, put on by The Henry Ford Museum, we’re sorry. But don’t fret – you can always check it out next year! It’s an annual thing. Besides, we’ll be checking out different car shows all summer long – so be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and come along with us.
Motor Muster Car Show | Dearborn, Michigan
June 18-19, 2006. For two days in the summer, Greenfield Village, a historic mini city is set up to welcome tons of vintage automobiles and auto enthusiasts to it’s streets. It’s like stepping into a bygone era. Walking down the sidewalks brings you face to face with vintage auto’s, bikes, campers and other memorabilia that span across the years. The background; a collection of vintage homes and buildings positioned to create a seemingly untouched city. Mingled within these buildings we found Ford’s 1861 farmhouse and one of Edison’s original R&D labs. Although the historic city of Greenfield Village is something you can visit any time of the year – the antique cars and crowds that take over the streets and lawns happens only once a year. So if you missed it this year, be sure to mark your calendars for the next.
Motor Muster is more than a typical car show – it’s a fun filled day complete with various years of historic vehicles, fun retro events, a picturesque historic setting and it even has vintage rides and things to do for the kids. Check out all the fun we had during our visit.
Not to Miss Extra Events
Although you might want to attend this show because of the vast collection of gorgeous antique vehicles, be sure not to leave until you’ve also made time for a few o the extra’s.
- Take a walk through the historic homes and businesses – the staff is on site ready to give you a peek into history!
- Watch a historic game of baseball in the field by the villages’ own baseball teams.
- Take a ride on the vintage carousel and train.
- Take a ride in a vintage model T around the park.
- Don’t forget to check out the historic military section of the show. You might even be able to purchase your own personalized military tags like we did!
- Tickets for the model T rides, carousel and other historic rides can be purchased individually at each location. However, you can also purchase a wrist band near the ticket counter before you enter the park – which gives you unlimited rides!
- You can bring your own strollers into the park, but if you forget you can rent a wagon to use for the day in the park.
- There are places throughout the park to purchase drinks, small meals and ice cream. Because we know how important this is with kids.
Need more info about this event? Visit https://www.thehenryford.org/current-events/calendar/motor-muster