Disclosure: We were provided with the products mentioned in this article for review purposes as part of our ambassadorship with LeapFrog. All opinions are our own. This post includes Amazon affiliate links.
The other day my kids and I were in the library when my daughter came running over to me with a book. Mom, she said, I want to learn about France. In her hands she held a kids French language learning book. A wonderful idea I thought! As we sat down and looked through the book together, we both quickly became overwhelmed. I’ve never learned a lick of French, so my knowledge was useless and the book was a bit hard to follow (even for an adult). We put it back on the shelf and I vowed to find us another way to satisfy her excitement to learn about different areas of the world. After all, who knows how long her love of learning will last.
LeapStart™ Interactive Early Learning System
Being part of the LeapFrog Mom Squad, we often get new products in the mail to try out. This was the case a few weeks ago when this surprise box arrived at our house. Take a look.
After being excited and rummaging through everything that arrived, we pulled out a Kids World Atlas book that worked along with the LeapStart™ early learning system. The book had 30 + replayable activities in it – all which revolved around global awareness. My kids’ eyes lit up. We popped it in the device – which allowed the book to come to life. As we worked through the pages, the kids found themselves repeating phrases in languages such as Spanish, Arabic, French, Swahili, and others. Exactly what my daughter wanted to learn how to do!
Through this book they were also able to learn about the sights and sounds of different instruments from around the world and were able to visualize where different countries line up with an interactive map. We ended up spending most of our time on this one book. We loved it.
To The Moon and Back
After we finished exploring the Kids World Atlas book, we were excited to find a multitude of other fun learning books. Books like vocabulary, shapes and colors, and space science. The LeapStart™ comes with one sampler book and the other may be bought separately to fit your child’s needs or interests.
What You Need to Know
Since the LeapStart™ program is super new to the shelves, let me share a few things with you about the program that you might want to know.
- The LeapStart™ all-in-one interactive early learning system is designed for Preschool through 1st grade (2-7 year olds).
- Comes in LeapStart™ Jr. (Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten oriented) or LeapStart™ Sr. (Kindergarten and 1st grade oriented).
- MSRP for the LeapStart™ system is $39.99; Activity Books $12.99.
- Each system comes with a sampler book – library of 16 other books sold separately.
- It has 3.5mm headphone jack – nice for car or plane rides.
- The LeapStart™ connects to your computer via a provided USB cable to load the books hardware after buying the physical book. This can take a little bit of time to sync before games are ready to play.
- The LeapStart™ pages talk or play sounds with the touch of the stylus – which is included and made to fit child sized hands.
- Requires two AA batteries, not included.
Guess what?! We’ve got a brand new LeapStart to give away to one of you! Simply fill out the Gleam widget below to enter. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 or older to win, US only. Click rules and regulations on the Gleam widget for full contest details. Good luck!!
LeapStart™ by LeapFrog