I’m super excited that Valentines Day is quickly approaching because it is by far my favorite holiday. The reason may or may not be because of all the pink color. 🙂 Just kidding. . sort of. I actually really just enjoy celebrating love overall. Love is a very important part of life.
If you too enjoy celebrating Valentines Day and using decorations in your home then this post is for you. Today I am going to share with you how to make a rose pomander ball using crepe paper rolls. These pomanders look cute just sitting on a vase or you can add a stick to the bottom and a planter to make a topiary! There are so many uses for these and they are super easy to make. So lets get started.
- 2 rolls of colored paper streamers ( The dollar store usually carries them cheap)
- hot glue gun
- glue sticks
- 3″ Styrofoam ball (or your size choice)
Start by cutting a strip of paper streamer about 24″ long. You will want to vary the length each time to make different sized roses.
Fold the paper over about 1/3 of the width the entire length of the piece.
Next you will want to start at one end and roll the paper into a rose between your fingers. Its best to twist the paper once in awhile to get a more realistic look.
- Add a small dot of glue at the end when you finish to keep the rose from unraveling.
- Next add glue to the bottom of the rose and affix to your Styrofoam ball to cover.
- Once you cover the entire ball, find a nice vase to display it on and your done!
<3 Dick and Jane
Do you have a Thrilling Thursday craft to add? Add a link to your blog post in the linky below after you’ve left a comment on this post and add this button to your blog post!
<a border=”0″ href=”http://thebloggerconnection.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.thebloggerconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/TBC_Crafters_hop_button.jpg” /></a>