Valentines Day is fast approaching and this year will be Jane’s first Valentines Day party at school. We’ve began to noticed all of the Valentines day cards popping up in the stores and talked about whether she would like to buy some pre-made cards or make something together to hand out. Boy am I proud! Jane went for “make something”!
We walked around the store and came across some little notepads. For some reason, these little notepads are a “big thing” in kindergarten. I have noticed Jane has been coming home from school with little notes from her friends on these little notepad papers. So, we bought some to hand out as Valentines. We (I should say Jane) also decided that we were going to need some crayons to go with them. So, we picked up some crayons. After a little thinking, here is what we came up with for our “special valentines” for school.
Side Note: We found notepads that were already pretty, but if you find ones that are plain just use pretty scrapbook paper to decorate the covers. We will probably buy some stickers to decorate our covers as well.
You will need:
Thread & Sewing machine
How to make yours:
1. Start by wrapping the elastic around the notepad and sew it together to form a circle. This will need to be the right size to slide onto the front notepad cover.
2. Do not cut the excess elastic, leave it as one long piece.
3. Use the excess elastic and bunch it to create a small loop on top of the large circle you made first.
3. Sew a straight line on the elastic to hold the loop into place.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 four more times to create 5 loops in the elastic.
5. Cut the remaining elastic from the circle.
6. Slide the crayon holder onto the notepad and add your crayons.
7. That’s it! The crayons will stay put on the cover, ready for love note writing.
Jane is super excited to hand these out to her friends and I hope your kids will enjoy them too!
Sending you some Love,
<3 Dick and Jane