Right now I am on a sweet potato kick. I am craving them like crazy! (No, I’m not pregnant) I just get on these kicks where for a few weeks I will eat the same thing over and over. . last time it was broccoli. I sat and ate an entire broccoli head raw one day. Yes, I do understand how crazy this may make me sound. So since sweet potatoes are on my mind again today I decided to share with you may favorite way to cook these delectable potatoes to make them extra yummy!
However before we get to the recipe, I did a little research on sweet potatoes to find out just how good for my body they were. Sometimes when I am craving something so intensely, I believe that my body is trying to tell me something. So I look up what nutrients are in the item I am craving to see what my diet must be lacking at that time. Did you know that sweet potatoes (yams) are full of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Iron and Magnesium. They also contain fiber and beta carotene. See, this is why I like to eat fresh, organic foods. There is nothing better than eating yummy food that I love and having it be helpful to my body.
Ok, here is how I cook my sweet potatoes.
You will need:
1. Begin by removing the skins from the potatoes and chopping them into bit sized pieces.
2. Lay the chopped potatoes on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with Paprika and Cumin.
4. Using a spatula, toss the potatoes to coat.
5. Cook in the oven about 10-15 minutes on 400 degrees or until slightly browned.
<3 Dick and Jane