Quesadillas are the poor boy’s meal in my home. Whenever I am out of groceries or don’t have anything to cook for dinner I will scavenge through my fridge and put whatever I can find into a quesadilla. This week, since our family has been plagued by the horrid stomach flu for two weeks, we don’t have much in the way of groceries. Now that the kids are feeling better I need to give them something to eat. I was able to forage some tortilla shells and mozzarella (which I ALWAYS have on hand), some mushrooms, onions and garlic. I decided to mix it all together and give it a try; it was surprisingly good! I started off by sautéing the onions and garlic together until caramelized. Then I added in the mushrooms and cook until heated through. Once the ingredients were hot I removed them from the heat and placed them in a bowl. In the same pan I added one flour tortilla and topped it with some mozzarella cheese. I then added a portion of my mushroom mixture and another tortilla shell. Once the bottom side is slightly browned, flip it over and heat the top side. Once both sides are toasted, remove it from the heat and serve with sour cream. Its yummy!
What are you favorite things to add to your quesadilla? Get creative and let us know! Check out my other quesadilla recipe here: Very Veggie Quesadilla
MUSHROOM ONION QUESADILLAS
Onion – Chopped
1-2 Cloves of Garlic
1. Add 2 TBS of olive oil to a pan on med-high heat.
2. Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté until caramelized.
3. Add mushrooms and stir until heated through.
4. Remove from heat and pan.
5. Place one flour tortilla in pan and reduce heat to med-low.
6. Top tortilla with a handful of mozzarella cheese and mushroom mixture. Top with another tortilla shell.
7. Slightly brown each side and serve.
<3 Dick and Jane