This meal is perfect for those days when you just don’t feel like cooking, but still need to feed your kids a healthy meal. Its super easy, quick and can be customized to your families liking. I love just the vegetarian option, but my husband and kids love to add in either chicken or steak. Either way, this is a recipe you will want to try!
Broccoli Penne Pasta
Bunch of Broccoli
2-3 Garlic Cloves
1. Begin by bringing a large pan of water to boil on the stove.
2. Stir in a box of penne pasta.
3. When the pasta is slightly al dente add in your broccoli (cut into smaller pieces)
4. Cook until pasta and broccoli are ready, drain.
5. Return the pasta and broccoli to the pan and add your pressed garlic.
6. Cut your lemon in half and squeeze half of the lemon on top of the pasta.
7. Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil over the pasta and stir.
Tip: When squeezing your lemon keep the cut side facing up in your hands to help prevent seeds from falling into your pasta.
That’s it! I like to enjoy this meal vegetarian style, but if you like meat then you can serve it with some chicken or steak. Both make a great pairing with this pasta.
We just planted some broccoli in our garden and I cannot wait until we can make this using our own crop! What did you plant in your gardens this year?