If you follow along on my Instagram page you will notice that tonight I am making crock pot chili dogs for my families dinner. One of my guilty pleasures and not something I like to feed my kids everyday. Here is a recipe for another one of my guilty pleasures; alfredo pasta. We made this a couple of nights ago for dinner, but this recipe doesn’t make me feel quite as bad as the chili dogs were eating tonight. At least the alfredo, while quite fattening due to the sauce, does contain chicken and broccoli which make me feel like I have accomplished a healthy meal.
This recipe is delicious and about a 5 on the difficulty scale. So lets get started cuz there are quite a few little steps.
1 Package Chicken
1 Broccoli Floret
1 Package of Button Mushrooms
1 Box Fettuccine Noodles
1 Jar Alfredo Sauce or Make Your Own
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
1. Begin by filling a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, add your pasta to the water.
2. Meanwhile on a cookie sheet or baking pan drizzle olive oil and top with chicken breasts. Place them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Begin to wash and chop your mushrooms and broccoli. About 5-6 minutes before your pasta is al dente add your broccoli to the same pot as your boiling pasta. Remove from heat when pasta is cooked and broccoli is fork tender.
4. When chicken has about 10-15 minutes left of cook time, add your mushrooms to the same dish as your chicken and continue to cook through.
5. In a small stockpot heat your sauce.
6. Once everything is cooked, combine all of the ingredients in a serving dish and enjoy.
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe! Please share your thoughts with us when you give it a try. We are also looking for new recipes to try. Have a good one? Send us your recipe and be featured on our blog!
<3 Dick and Jane