I was very thankful this year to have my lavender come in and produce flowers. Lavender has always been a difficult herb for me to grow, not sure why. So now that I have got my chance to make these lavender wands, I am taking it!
What is a lavender wand? I believe the craft dates back quite a ways. Lavender wands are made to be used like a natural sachet or air freshener. The flowers will dry out and stay put inside the wand due to the weaving technique used with the ribbon. You can then hang them around your home and just give them a little shake when you need a lift of fragrance.
They are quite easy to make you will just need:
Lavender Flowers with long stems
How to make a lavender wand:
1. Cut the lavender
2. Clean the stems removing any extra flowers or leaves along the way
3. Bunch the flowers together matching all the stems to the same length
4. Tie a knot around the stems directly below the flowers heads
5. Bend the stems downward to encase the flowers within them
6. Begin weaving the ribbon through the stems, keeping the flower heads in the center
7. Go over then under each stem working your way all the way around
8. Once you reach the end, wrap the ribbon a few times around and tie to secure.
Now hang the wand in your home and enjoy!
<3 Dick and Jane