A few years back while we were enjoying some family time in the D we came across a street vendor who was selling pulled pork sandwiches. Being a favorite of ours, we ordered up a couple of sandwiches to eat for lunch. The man asked if we wanted coleslaw too and we agreed. He then proceeded to open up the sandwich’s and plopped the spoonful of coleslaw right on top of the pork. I gave my husband a weird “what is he doing” look but we both kept our mouths shut and went with it. Little did I know that this moment would change the way we ate pork sandwiches forever. Yes, it was that good! After about a week of hearing my husband “mention” how good they were I decided to recreate the meal at home for him again.
Much to my delight this meal is super easy to make. There is hardly no prep and it cooks all day on its own in the slow cooker. <3
– Pork Shoulder (Either boneless or bone in will work)
– BBQ Sauce (We use Sweet Baby Rays)
– Sweet Onion
– 1 Head of Cabbage
– 1/2 C. Mayonnaise
– 3T. Sugar
– 2T. White Distilled Vinegar
1. Add pork shoulder to crock pot
2. Chop onion and add on top of pork
3. Cover pork and onions with several cups of BBQ sauce
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
1. Chop cabbage and carrots, add to bowl
2. Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2T vinegar and 3T sugar with a whisk.
3. Pour dressing over slaw mix and chill.
Serve pork on a bun, topped with coleslaw and extra BBQ sauce.
Giving this recipe a try? Let me know how you like it in the comments!
<3 Dick and Jane