I love fall. The crisp cool air..the gorgeous array of colors and lots of super fun holidays. My only problem? This time of year is super hectic and there is almost no time to enjoy these things. I am always running around with school, extracurricular activities, work and more. I barely have time to keep up with my household sometimes. I know there must be more like me out there. So, in the light of the upcoming “harvest” and in my attempt to create a fun, nutritional and fast meal, I came up with this recipe. Ok, you’ve got to admit its cute. . and the kids LOVED it. 🙂
Pumpkin Shaped Grilled Cheese
What will I need?
1/4 c. Oil
What should I do first?
1) First, remove your Pillsbury biscuits from their container. . try not to scream when the seal pops (that darn thing gets me every time) 🙂
2) Remove one biscuit and roll it out to about a 1/4″ thick.
3) Using your cookie cutter, cut out the shape you desire from the dough. Repeat and set aside.
4) In a pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat.
5) Add the cut out shapes to the pan to brown. Flip and repeat on the other side.
6) Once both sides have cooked, add a slice of cheese to one shape and cover with another shape.
7)Allow the sandwich to stay on the heat for a few more minutes to melt.
8) Remove from heat, cool slightly and enjoy.
Tip: Make sure your dough is pressed out thin. If it’s too thick the center wont cook properly and your sandwich will be too big to fit in your mouth.
This was a super fun meal to make and my kids adored it. Plus, the best part, it tasted great. The Pillsbury biscuits not only made it super easy to get the shape I wanted, but also gave it a great new flavor that is different from the traditional grilled cheese sandwich. Now just pair this sandwich up with a bowl of hot soup and you’ve got a nutritional, fast and fun meal perfect to put you in the mood for the harvest moon.
Like this recipe? There are so many more that can be downloaded for FREE on the Pillsbury website. Click here to be directed to the PDF file for download: http://clvr.li/17r1ymu
Which Pillsbury Grand’s recipe are you most excited to try?
<3 Dick and Jane
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.