The 2016 Kia Sedona SXL provides style and grace in a size that is perfect for a family on the go. Last week – Kia delivered their new 2016 model, fully loaded minivan to me and my kids to put it to the test. My kids didn’t waste any time jumping in the back seats, flipping on the DVD player and having a heyday getting excited over every little aspect. In the front seat, I ran my fingers along all of the buttons – curiously clicking each one just to see what would happen. I gripped the steering wheel and told the kids to buckle up – I just wanted to go for a drive.
I love cars. For me driving is fun and I couldn’t wait to see how this car handled on the road being the size that it was. Where were we going? No idea – probably Target or Starbucks. But it didn’t really matter – the kids were all in for a ride and already strapping in their seat belts without a second thought.
As we drove along the kids took turns excitedly asking for my attention as they wanted to point out one new thing after another. Mom! Mom! Look – there is a button back here so I can control my own heat and air. Mom! Mom! Look – we have our own cup holders and a little table. Can we go somewhere and get a drink? In my head I responded “Sure, how about Texas?”. Instead of running away with the sun like I wanted to, I decided to focus instead on how the car accelerated from the lights with ease and paid attention to how the car would correct my driving with a beep if I started to drift from my lane. It also beeped in warning if the car in front of me was stopped and I was still accelerating. This car was loaded with new technology and we were soaking it up.
After the new car excitement faded within a few days we found ourselves comfortable in the Kia and coming to expect the little luxuries that I knew we would be sure to miss when this car had to go back. In my head I was trying to create a reason for them to let me keep it for just a little bit longer to take it on a road trip – because when it comes to road trips, this vehicle would take the cake within it’s size, comfort level and extra’s.
Kids Road Trip Ready Thumbs Up:
- The fold down seat which became a food tray between the 2nd row seats.
- The DVD player with a remote control and headphones (I loved the headphones too).
- The ease of opening the back doors with either a button or touch of the handle.
- Heated 2nd row seats.
- Complete control over their own heat and air.
Mom’s Road Trip Ready Thumbs Up:
- Infinity Surround Sound Audio system – for rocking out.
- UVO eServices with Premium Navigation and Back up Camera – with a birds eye view.
- Luxurious and stylish interior.
- Heated and ventilated seats.
- Heated steering wheel – although it would be better if the entire steering wheel were heated instead of just the bottom half.
- Safety features such as Blind Spot Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning.
- Deep trunk space for luggage.
- Tons of interior space that can be transformed when needed – such and the folding down seat that created cup holders & table (and it made a great barrier between the kids too).
Kia 2016 Sedona SXL Details
- MSRP $39,900. Price of my vehicle with additional installed equipment: $43,690.
- Fuel Economy MPG City/Highway : 17/22
- Engine: 3.3 L – V6
- 276 Horsepower and 248 lb of Torque
Want to take a quick tour? Watch our YouTube Video Review.
Do you drive a Kia? What do you love most about it? What feature of this vehicle do you think you would like best? Share your comments with us!
Disclosure: This vehicle was loaned to us for a test drive in order to facilitate our review. All opinions are our own.