This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
I love holiday cookies – exchanging them at parties, sharing them with family and the after dark, parent earned tradition of sneaking one out of the freezer for myself after the kids have gone to bed. Holiday cookies are great! The only problem is finding the time to set aside for actually baking them – but we totally want them to be homemade, right? So I am going to share with you my easy go-to holiday cookie recipe! It’s easy because it’s made using boxed cake mix, its quick because it’s just one big cookie sliced into squares and it’s flavorful and fun because the new holiday M&M’s® bake in the flavor for me.
So what flavors are these blondie bars? This year I was excited to find that M&M’s® came out with two new flavors, which I decided to showcase in this recipe because they are also my two favorite holiday flavors: M&M’s® White Peppermint and M&M’s® Hot Chocolate! These two new flavors can now be found at Walmart along with the traditional flavors : M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate. M&M’s® Holiday Peanut, and M&M’s® Holiday Peanut Butter. Remember you can have fun with this recipe and make a batch with each different holiday flavor – and each cookie will have a different taste! It’s an easy way to make it look like you spent hours baking, without putting in the time – let me show you!
Holiday Blondie Bars
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding 5.1 oz
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- M&M’s® White Peppermint and/or M&M’s® Hot Chocolate 9.9oz
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine boxed cake mix, dry pudding mix, milk, vegetable oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir just until combined.
- Grease two 8×8 glass square dishes and split the mix between the two – pat the dough into the bottom of the dishes.
- Sprinkle each dish of cookie dough with a different M&M’s® flavor – slightly push them into the dough.
- Bake the cookies for 18-25 minutes – or until browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool in the dishes.
- Once the cookies are cooled to the touch – slice them into bars and frost one end of each cookie. I placed one M&M’s® on top so I knew the flavor inside, but you could also decorate them with the holiday sprinkles that come with the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting for an added touch.
Great American Milk Drive
If you enjoyed this recipe and are looking for a way to give back this holiday season – consider making a donation to the Great American Milk Drive which, for a small donation at pourmilklove.com, will deliver a gallon of milk – and all of the essential nutrients, including protein, that it provides – to a family in need in YOUR local community.
Milk is often over-looked as a donation item for food banks because of it’s perishable nature. However more than 46.5 million Americans – including one in every six children – rely on Feeding America food banks each year for food. On average, food banks are only able to provide the equivalent of less than one gallon of milk per person per year.
Find out more:
Join Feeding America and their first ever Great American Milk drive online at milklife.com/give to learn about the food bank needs in your community and how you can make a difference by giving back. Also, by simply purchasing 2 bags of M&M’s at Walmart (9.4 oz bags or larger), up to a gallon of milk will be donated to the drive!
Find this and other great M&M’s® holiday recipes at MyConfectionCorner.com.
Do you have a favorite holiday flavor that you would like to see become an M&M’s®? Tell us about it in the comments.