Hey all! Wow – what a week! This week has been pretty tough – we’re dealing with sickness, life changes and on top of that a lot of snow. It is just starting to feel like it’s all piling up on me – but a momma has got to remain strong, right? Somehow.
One of the good things that happened this week is that we got a chance to test drive the all new 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander for an entire week – and it couldn’t have come at a better time! Not only did it help me get my mind off the things that are out of my control, it also came with a SNOW option that made me feel more in control on the slick roads and allowed me to get to the places that I needed to be – like the doctors office during a snow storm (cuz sometimes staying home isn’t an option).
Feeling in control is a great thing – especially when you’re talking about cars. Ok, feeling in control is just about always a great thing – cars or not. That’s one of the things I loved about the Outlander, it definitely made me feel in control is several different ways – it had easy to understand options for 4 wheel drive engagement, it had easy to maneuver seating which adjusted from two rows to three rows when needed, and it had basic but functional buttons that simply did their job – no fumbling around with new and sometimes confusing technology. Overall, this vehicle did everything I needed it to do without a fuss – a much needed addition to the week I’ve been having.
Since I got an entire week to test drive this car, I was able to figure it out pretty good. Let’s take a closer look at some of the things the Mitsubishi Outlander did right that can make a mom’s life easier – when it isn’t.
What I Loved About the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander
- It has space and seating like a minivan, but isn’t a minivan. This new Outlander can accommodate up to 7 people!
- It has an optional third row giving me extra room for kids friends to tag along, but then they can also fold away for when I need storage space instead. Plus, the seats fold and pop back up without a struggle – I could do it one handed (with a grande coffee in the other hand).
- It has easy to read drive mode controls to go from NORMAL to ECO to LOCK (which engages four wheel drive) or to SNOW (which kicks the four wheel drive in when needed.
- It has pretty and stylish detailing on the inside – because even though I have food from my kids faces wiped on my sleeve, I still care about style.
- No nonsense radio, navigation, heat/ac and heated seat controls – the buttons are simple and easy to use.
Now, I can’t stand here and tell you everything was perfect – nothing in life is ever perfect. Let’s take a look at some of the things that I think Mitsubishi could have done better with this vehicle.
- While the third row is an awesome addition, it doesn’t have much leg room. As long as you are only putting kids back there, you should be fine.
- It comes with a 2.4 L engine which is great for fuel economy – just not so great for taking the minivan next to me off the line.
- When the third row seats are in use – storage space is skimpy. Probably couldn’t get groceries with a full house.
Overall, it was a nice ride that functioned well. It did everything I needed it to do so I could just focus on being mom this week. Sometimes that’s all we need – versatile function. And it doesn’t hurt that Mitsubishi also threw in some added safety and style in the mix either. The vehicle did what it needed to do, so I could do what I needed to do and we could all get back to doing what we WANT to do.
Ready to take a quick walk around tour? Watch our video.
Starting Price $26,995 – Our Review Vehicle Price $33,095
What are your thoughts on the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander? Should this retro momma rock it in the winter? Tell me your thoughts or questions in the comments below. I love hearing from you. <3
Disclosure: This vehicle was loaned to me for review purposes. All opinions are mine.