This post was sponsored by Dunkin’ Donuts as part of a Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review”
How many songs are there on the radio that sing about friends? TONS of them I believe and it seems like in the last week I have heard every single one of them. But it is true – you’ve got to have friends. Right now many of you know I am going through a struggling time. While I haven’t shared much about it yet – it is changing my life and those who have stepped up to help have made a world of the difference. The out pour of support via email and messages has been amazing help and such comfort to me. You are all amazing. You fill my heart. Thank you.
Sometimes it is all too easy to hold things in and disconnect yourself from the world when times get tough – but that’s not what I want. Life is so much better when you have friends to share both the happy and sad times with.
This morning I invited a few of my girlfriends over for a coffee break – a break from life, a break from stress and a time where we can just talk, laugh, let go of the mom guilt and re-energize together. Just what we needed. Plus it came with cupcake flavored coffee, so you know – win/win.
Since Dunkin’ Donuts recently came out with a NEW coffee flavor to accompany their bakery series line, properly named Vanilla Cupcake, they offered to send me some to taste test with a few of my favorite people. We had fun. Haha! Laughter is the best medicine isn’t it – but in my book, a good cup of coffee doesn’t hurt either!
To accompany our cupcake flavored coffee I decided to make homemade nonpareils – just a little bite of sprinkled chocolate not to spoil our “cut back on the sugar diet”. But how could I not? They’re a bite of chocolate covered in sprinkles!! Anything sprinkle covered makes my heart smile – cupcakes included. Seriously though, this coffee couldn’t have come at a better time than when I am trying to cut back on sugar. Did someone say cupcakes for breakfast??
Don’t worry – I am not going to leave you hanging without the recipe for these cute little chocolately bites – but really, it couldn’t be any easier. Anyone else thinking Valentines Day gifts??
Homemade Retro Pink Nonpareils Recipe
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (don’t be afraid to use white chocolate or different flavors too!)
- 1/2 cup of each assorted sprinkle style ( I used three different ones for good measure )
- Pour sprinkles into an 8×8″ glass dish – only enough to cover the bottom is needed.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the chocolate for 15 second intervals – stirring between each interval – until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour or spoon small 1/2″ circles of chocolate on top of the sprinkles – continue to cover the sprinkles in circles.
- Place the glass dish with sprinkles and chocolate into the freezer or place them on a cold “florida room” to chill – that’s how we do winters in Michigan. It’s our add on fridge.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, the chocolate can be removed from the sprinkles and served. The sprinkles can then be re-used to make a second batch.
Dunkin’ Donut Cupcake Vanilla flavored coffee is now available at supermarkets nation wide. <–Click there to find one near you. It’s the perfect treat for any guilt free occasion – because we mom’s deserve “guilt free occasions” whenever we can get them. Am I right? There is guilt on so many levels. 🙂
So where are your friends? Call them up!