Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Orvis for this review.
Spring has finally arrived and we are totally excited to be gearing up for our spring/summer travels – I’ll spill the beans about some of the rad places we are headed. Also today we are talking about being prepared ahead of time for travel by putting together the perfect travel wardrobe – I’ve got 5 easy tips to share with you. Finally, just because I love you – and because ORVIS does too – we’ve got a special discount code and giveaway at the end. Don’t miss it!
Woot Woot – it’s spring time! The sun is out, the birds are chirping, and I am planning our adventures to be had over the next couple of months. To spill the beans, some of the states we might be visiting this spring/summer are Florida, Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio – and there may be a few more but you will just have to wait and find out. I would really like to make it over to the East Coast – know of a great place? Leave me your recommendations in the comments.
Since I can hardly contain my excitement for getting back on the road, I am right now fully in the throws of getting everything prepared for our spring travels. I’m working on getting the cars cleaned out, making sure we have our road trip essentials in the trunk like extra sunscreen and blankets, and putting together a perfect spring travel wardrobe that is versatile for life on the go.
Putting together a travel wardrobe should be fun and not stressful – so here are a few things to remember when shopping for the perfect items.
5 Tips For Choosing the Perfect Travel Wardrobe
- Buy things that are versatile. When traveling it’s important to be prepared for different climate changes since you can’t just run back into the house to change your clothes. Having garments that you can put on or take off as necessary is important. Also look for clothing that could be tailored to work in hot or cold temperatures just be adding or subtracting additional items.
- Shop complimenting colors. Having items that can work interchangeably helps cut down space – and when your limited to a suitcase space is precious.
- Shop quality over quantity. Since quantity isn’t really going to fit into your suitcase, having items that still look good after daily wear and tear is better.
- Only buy what’s comfortable. There is nothing worse than trying to enjoy your day in the car traveling or out walking around and having your clothes feel uncomfortable. I tend to obsess over things, so having a shirt rub on my arm the wrong way can totally ruin my day.
- Go with your style. After considering all of these tips, it is always best to stick with your own style. There is nothing better than putting something on that makes you feel great and going out to conquer the world.
One of my favorite new additions to my travel wardrobe came from the ORVIS spring line. The new spring line is a perfect place to start shopping because the items are designed to be versatile – to be used in every day life and also during travels. Some great things about the new spring line are that the options are nature inspired, feminine fitting and fashionable.
Here’s my top pick from ORVIS spring line – The Heritage Safari Jacket. I chose this piece to add to my travel wardrobe because it is super light weight but still warm enough to keep the spring chill at bay. It is versatile in that I can wear it either unbuttoned as a quick throw on jacket or it can go buttoned up for a more put together look. It is also fitted to the waist so it gives me that classic silhouette look that I love. Plus, would you check out these buttons! For me, it is the small stuff and the details on this piece are superb.
Now it’s your turn. Tell me what piece of clothing you would choose from the new ORVIS spring line and enter below for your chance to win one of ten $100 store gift cards. Contest opens on March 28, 2016 and closes May 2, 2016.
I-C will randomly select 10 winners from all program entries and will handle fulfillment of the winning prizes.
We’re ready to help you get started on your new spring wardrobe and we’ve got a special coupon code just for you! Simply enter code ICSPRING during checkout and take $25 off your purchase of $50 or more (good until Sept. 30, 2016).