We love partnering with local favorite, Hudsonville Ice Cream! Special thanks to them for sponsoring this post.
Following along with Hudsonville Ice Cream’s Michigan Artisan Collection has been quite fun for our family. An itinerary to experience the best of Michigan flavors without ever having to stray too far from home! Because Hudsonville has been releasing these limited edition flavors at ice cream shops across the state, taking a trip to one of these local shoppes is like taking a trip to the most sought after Michigan destinations – in flavor, that is.
After experiencing the first flavor, Bowerman’s Blueberry Donut, I knew immediately that Hudsonville was on to something! By using locally-sourced ingredients from culinary artisans, including Michigan farmers, bakers, and chocolatiers, these limited edition flavors are obviously selling out quick!
If you missed the first flavor, better hurry because the second flavor already hit stores on August 17th and is probably pretty close to being sold out (if it isn’t already). And if you missed the first two, the third will be releasing soon. So be ready!!
So far, two of the three Michigan Artisan Collection Flavors from Hudsonville Ice Cream have been released. The first was Bowerman’s Blueberry Donut and the second is. . .
Sweetie-licious Pie Surprise | The Second Michigan Artisan Collection Flavor
This flavor is inspired by a Michigan (and personal) favorite, Sweetie-licious Bakery’s Very Berry Berry Pie. We love this bakery not only for their exceptional flavors but because they are oh so retro! Have you seen Sweetie-licious Bakery’s Instagram page??
To create the Sweetie-licious Pie Surprise flavor, Hudsonville Ice Cream combined a chocolate ice cream with filling from Sweetie-licious’ popular Cherry, Blueberry, Raspberry pie. Plus, I hear it includes a special mystery ingredient – taste it and try to guess!
Mmm. . this flavor is so good!!!
If you’re hoping to grab a bite of the latest flavor or want to get a head start on planning for the third, here is a list of the local ice cream shoppes that typically carry these limited edition flavors. Although, they are running out of flavors super quick, so be sure to call ahead.
Search the Scoop | Tips for Finding Hudsonville Ice Cream Limited Release Flavors
- Banana Boat, 3721 Corunna Rd, Flint, 48532
- Captain Sundae—Holland North, 365 Douglas Ave., Holland, 49424
- Captain Sundae—Holland South, 247 W 40th St., Holland, 49423
- Carie’s Caboose, 287 E. State St., Montrose, 48457
- Cosmic Candy Co., 168 S. Hancock, Pentwater, 49449
- Frosty Boy of Cascade, 6886 Cascade Rd. SE Grand Rapids, 49546
- Frosty Boy Kalamazoo, 5030 Gull Rd., Kalamazoo, 49048
- Jaami’s Ice Cream & Treats, 592 Cass St, Frankenmuth, 48734
- Jersey Junction, 651 Croswell Ave. SE, East Grand Rapids, 49506
- Mootown Ice Cream & Dessert Shoppe, 2461 Russell St., Detroit, 48207
- Norm’s Ice Cream Shop, 350 N 3rd Ave., Fruitport, 49415
- Norm’s Ice Cream Shop North Muskegon, 80 N. Causeway Rd., North Muskegon, 49445
- Ottawa Beach General Store, 2256 Ottawa Beach Rd, Holland, 49424
- Sadie’s Ice Cream Parlor, Grand Hotel, 1891 Cadotte Ave, Mackinac Island, 49757
- The Parlour of Jackson, 1401 Daniel Rd., Jackson, 49202
- The Sweet Tooth of Marine City, 312 S. Water St., Marine City, 48039