This post is made in partnership with Mealthy and includes affiliate links. Check out #MealthyMoms for more great recipes and content.
That girl is me. I’m the one who’s been sweating in the 80-degree weather, wearing her fall sweaters and boots because the thought of waiting was too hard. The one who pretends to be cold and comfy as she meets her friends for coffee, only to order the fall flavor as her friends are still sipping it iced. I feel no shame in that when everyone else is hanging on to summer, I’m over here happily welcoming fall – even if it is before the first breath of frost ever has a chance to lighten the air.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons because it means warm ciders, cozy sweaters, trips to the Midwest apple orchards, and (one of my favorite fall recipe) homemade applesauce! Tell me, how could you not be excited about all of that?!
3-Minute Pressure Cooker Applesauce Recipe
Being that we live in a prime apple picking region, fall ALWAYS means a trip to the local apple orchard. It’s something we look forward to – spending the day walking the aisles of trees picking bags and bags of fresh from the tree apples. Truthfully, picking them is actually a lot of fun! So much fun, in fact, that we usually end up coming home with more apples than a typical family could eat in a year.
So, a few years back we decided to get inventive with our overflowing treasures and started using them to make batches of homemade applesauce! We then took our ingenuity a little bit further and this year started using our Mealthy Multipot to make our traditional treat – cutting the time it takes to create this dish seemingly in half!
If you like a good applesauce, this recipe is quite versatile and tastes amazing served warm with a side of vanilla ice cream! We also love it chilled and by itself as a sweet afternoon snack. It can also be made with or without the added sugar (brown sugar) or cinnamon and can be made with a wide variety of apple types! Here’s a quick look at our homemade pressure cooker applesauce recipe, quickly made in 3 minutes in my awesome Mealthy Multipot!
- 6-8 Fresh Apples (Variety of Flavors. ie. Gala, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, ect.)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Juice from Half of a Lemon
- Pinch of Salt
- Pressure Cooker – I use the Mealthy Multipot found here.
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Peel and chop the apples into large chunks. Slice lemon in half.
- Add apples, water, cinnamon, brown sugar, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt together in the Mealthy Multipot.
- Secure lid and make sure the valve is set to venting OFF. Press “pressure cook” button and set the timer for 3 minutes. The Mealthy Multipot will begin to preheat and will beep when cooking is complete.
- Use the quick release vent to remove all of the steam from the multipot before opening the lid.
- Once safe to do so, open the multipot and either serve the applesauce warm or chill in the fridge prior to serving.
Happy Fall! Let’s Celebrate with a Giveaway!
I honestly feel like the scent that lingers in my house after this dish is made is prize enough (oh, it’s so heavenly) but that’s not all I’m leaving you with today! Because I’ve joined a great group of writers in becoming a #MealthyMoms Insider, we’ve got a special Mealthy set to give away to one of our readers.
Here’s what you can win:
- $35 Gift Card for mealthy.com
- An exclusive #MealthyMoms Bamboo 4 Piece Utensil Set
- A #MealthyMoms Sept Highlight Recipe Card Set
Ready to enter? It’s easy – simply use the giveaway widget below.