Thank you, Mealthy, for sending us the new HandBlend to test out in our home kitchen! And a bigger thank you for sending another to give away to one of our readers! We’re so excited about this one, so read on to see how you can take home a Mealthy Handblend too! #MealthyMoms
The other day, while writing out their Christmas lists and placing them on the tree for our elf to find, my kids eagerly asked me what I put on MY wish list. Without skipping a beat, I said what I always say; all I wanted was to have a nice, relaxing holiday with my family. Of course, by this, I meant that I didn’t want to spend my entire day cleaning, cooking, or listening to any arguments or whining. Not too much to ask for, right?
While I won’t hold my breath for an entirely meltdown free day (the holidays CAN be a bit overwhelming for us all), I am pretty confident that I can at least spend most of my day outside of the kitchen! Wanna know why? It’s because I got an early present from Mealthy and it’s a SERIOUS time saver! I love it so much!! So much, in fact, that I am giving one away to one of you (compliments of Mealthy)!
3 Gifts In One | Saving Time With The Mealthy HandBlend
It’s not often that I find a kitchen tool that makes me feel giddy. I mean, I like cooking but I have my limits. Like thirty-minute limits…
While I could tell you all about the amazingness of the Mealthy HandBlend, it would probably be easier just to show you why I like it. And in order to do that, I’m going to share with you the dessert I made for my family last night. A giveaway and a recipe – heck, it’s the holidays. 🙂
So this recipe that I’m going to share is a family favorite and one that I will be making again next week when the in-laws come to visit! It’s my go-to dessert because it’s relatively inexpensive to make, we love the texture and taste, plus now with my new tool it’s even simpler to pull together than usual. Why? It’s because this one recipe uses two out of the three attachments that come along with the Mealthy Handblend. Fewer kitchen tools to dig out and probably a bit fewer dishes too! A win all around!
What Does the Mealthy HandBlend Include?
Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, let’s quickly chat about what comes with the HandBlend tool – because it’s not just an immersion blender! First, the Mealthy HandBlend comes with its main housing – that indulgently has a comfort-grip handle, easy-turn speed control dial, and the hallelujah-screaming turbo mode – but it also comes with the following power-rocking, interchangeable extensions:
- An immersion blender (affiliate link) – great for soups and smoothies!
- A blender cup
- A chopper – we use this for chopping cookies or nuts.
- A whisk – probably my favorite extension because it’s something I use often.
Now that we are all on the same page about what the HandBlend includes, Here’s what I first made with it, my favorite (and anytime favorite, really) Layered Banana Pudding “Cake” recipe.
Layered Banana Pudding “Cake” Recipe
- 1 pkg (5.1 oz) Banana Cream Flavor Instant Pudding
- 4 Bananas – sliced
- Half a box of vanilla wafers
- 2-1/2 cups of cold milk
- 8 oz. of whipped cream (homemade recipe below)
- Pour 1 pkg. of banana cream flavor instant pudding into a bowl with milk – attach the whisk to the HandBlend main housing and whisk the mixture for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Grab a large handful of vanilla wafers and add them to the HandBlend chopper attachment. Move the main housing from the whisk attachment to the chopper attachment by pressing inward on the two side release latches. Press the illuminated button to chop the wafers roughly. Don’t over chop them (we’re looking for a thick crumb texture, not a powder).
- Add a layer of wafers to the bottom of a 9×11 glass dish. Top with a layer of prepared banana pudding. Add a layer of sliced banana on top of the pudding. Repeat one more time.
- Top with whipped cream. Chop another handful of wafers to use as a garnish. Sprinkle the chopped wafers over the whipped cream.
- Cover the dish and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into slices and serve chilled.
Bonus Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Combine 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl. Using the whisk attachment, whisk the mixture until it begins to thicken and soft peaks form.
Things to Know (and Love) About the Mealthy HandBlend
– The HandBlend attachments are dishwasher safe! The chopper bowl and lid are top-rack dishwasher-safe.
– Mealthy has an app! It includes recipes, tips, tricks, and how-to videos.
– Attachments easily remove by squeezing two side buttons and replace with a push and snap.
– The HandBlend comes with a rotary dial for easily adjusting between ten speeds! Or there is a turbo option for maximum power.
– I love that it’s made of sturdy stainless steel and that it’s easy to hold.
– Lastly, the accents light up blue when it’s on. I can’t be the only one who swoons over that little stuff, can I?
It’s Time For a Holiday Giveaway: Win a Mealthy HandBlend!
Want to win a HandBlend Immersion Blender just like mine? Use the included widget below. Best of luck to each one of you and most of all, happy holidays!!